LOOP Life of Our Parish
- The bin for bottles and cans will be permanently in the same spot. This will be an on-going fundraiser for PYM. We look forward to being your families' drop off.
- 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELECBRATION! SAURDAY, AUGUST 13TH OUTDOOR CHAPEL @ LASALETTE SHRINE 947 PARK ST. ATTLEBORO MASS @ 4PM, BBQ IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING LIFT @ 7 PM.
- The PYM Team is working diligently to plan the calendar for next year. We are looking forward to our third year filled with opportunities to grow as a faith family with both fun activities and moments filled with the Holy Spirit and the love of Christ. The Adult Team as well as the Youth Team are meeting to formulate ideas and activities for everyone… Pancakes with the Pastor, Service Saturdays, PJ's return, and so much more!
- If you are in the 5th grade on up, your input is welcome on the Youth Team. Please contact Nancy Smith if you are interested in becoming part of this fast-growing ministry.
- The LOOP Weekly Newsletter
Religious Education Calendar
- ADORATION — 7 PM WED'S — 8/10, 8/17 St. John and— 9:30—10:30 1ST FRI of Month St. Ann's
- Rosary after daily masses
- Divine Mercy every Thursday after daily mass.
- Tues., Aug 23—Dish Garden Fundraiser—6:00 pm
- Thurs., Aug. 25—Adult & Youth PYM Mtg.—6:30 pm.
- Sat. Sept. 3 — Service Saturday — 8:00—11:00 — Parish Yard Cleanup by PYM
- Thurs., Sept 8 — Ultreya –7 PM in the Chapel
- Sat., Sept. 10 — EBBA EXPO on the Common
- Tues., Sept 12 — Fr. Stephen departs for home.
- The Annual Parish Picnic will be September 18 after the 10:30 Mass Behind the church at St. John's ALL ARE WELCOME! The menu as always will be delicious. A variety of: salads, baked beans, corn on the cob, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, beverage, and, of course, desserts. There will be a moonwalk, face painting, volley ball, & the jar contest. Come and enjoy the food and fellowship. Tickets for the picnic will be sold starting August 13th after each weekend Mass and on the day of the picnic. Cost is $5.00 per person (everything included). Please get your tickets early so we can get an accurate count.
New app from Our Sunday Visitor designed especially for the
Year of Mercy
||Our Sunday Visitor's 365 Days to Mercy app, free in the iTunes and Google Play app stores, is designed to accompany you on a spiritual journey during the Jubilee Year of Mercy proclaimed by Pope Francis. The official Year of Mercy is December 8, 2015 to November 20, 2016, but daily inspiration, stories, and news began appearing in the app on November 20, 2015, giving you a full 365 Days to Mercy. Click here for more details.
A Message from Fr. Stephen
Beloved parishioners of St. John and St. Ann, I am Fr. Stephen Lusiba, a diocesan priest in Uganda Africa. Fr. Paul L. Ring is a great friend of mine since 2008 and I have visited him and his parishioners since then. His parish (St. John and St. Ann) is my home away from home. I am happy to be back this summer until September 12th.
While I am here, I help where need be to celebrate mass. At the same time, I share with you my mission back in Uganda and then put my appeal to you for generous help. Last year with the funds you gave our school, l St. Benedict High School in Uganda, we were able to begin the second floor of the girls' dormitory as you can see in the pictures on the board. It's not yet done. I am appealing to your generosity to raise $25,000.00 to complete it.
The challenge is that our students walk long distances (between 3 to 8 miles) and risk great dangers to come to school. We have no buses. They arrive tired. We would like to have them in a dormitory so that they can reside at school and only go back home during holidays. If a dormitory is built, they'll be able to concentrate on education and be safe.
How to donate? Write your check to St. John or St. Ann and the parishes will wire the money to St. Benedict's. In the memo write St. Benedict or Fr. Stephen. You can also contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for helping the needy kids in Africa.
Watch an informative video from Parishsoft!
Click on the Online Giving logo below to set up an account today or click for more details on our
Pay your Religious Education tuition through online giving. Click here for details.
DEACON JOE WILL BE CONDUCTING ADORATION & DIVINE MERCY EVERY WEDNESDAY EVENING IN THE CHAPEL FROM 7-8 PM. PLEASE JOIN US.
Bible Study Group
Opening up Scripture on a regular basis is so important for the growth in our faith life. Bible Study will be resuming on Monday evenings in the Religious Education office starting 9/14/15 at 7 PM. We will be studying "The Acts of the Apostles". All are welcome! If you are interested in attending send an email to: email@example.com so the study materials may be ordered.
St. Vincent de Paul
We welcome cash donations or checks made out to the “St. Vincent de Paul”. Donations may be placed in the collection boxes at the doors of the church. Thank you for your generosity! ST. VINCENT de PAUL HOTLINE: 508-378-3760
Saint John's is looking to create a team of greeters. The greeters would welcome our parishioners at church each week making them feel wecome and part of a greater community. We need people for each door at each Mass. Please call the Rectory if you would like to be part of this important team. 508-378-4207
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is an outreach to baptized Catholics who were not raised in the faith, did not receive First Communion and or Confirmation and would like to return to the Catholic faith. It is also designed for non-Catholics who seek communion with the Catholic Church. Classes for this program will be held beginning in the fall. Please call the Rectory (508-378-4207) if you are interested.